Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Frustration-free packaging


Another great example of the power of simplicity: offer stuff in easy to open, highly recyclable packages. Ask most people what they think about blister packages and you will get an ear full. I know, because I have asked. So far, every single person I have asked feels the same: they hate blister packages. I have heard lots of stories about how frustrating they are and I have heard many stories about rather severe cuts that have been produced by the sharp edges that seem to inevitably appear when someone tries to open a blister package. I have suffered these cuts myself. Enter Amazon's wonderful idea to simplify packaging. No more pain and suffering, no more frustration, fully recyclable...nice, very nice!

2 comments:

Maddie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maddie said...

Finally!! Corroborating evidence:

http://gizmodo.com/5088538/sony-microsoft-and-best-buy-join-in-the-fight-against-tough-packaging-clamshells-days-are-numbered

Nice quote from the blog:
"Mike Fasulo, chief marketing officer for Sony, said, "None of us intentionally tried to make this a hassle for consumers," which is pretty nice for a total non-apology apology."